Custer Rod and Gun Club
Board of Directors Meeting Agenda
May 16, 2017 7:00 PM
Rifle/Pistol Range Clubhouse
1) Call to order and roll call of officers: 7:06
Present: Randy Anderson, Jerry Austill, Jesse Smith, JD Arneson, Todd Burch, Randy Hart, Jim Keith, Marty Scheid, Chris Schlepp
Absent: Cheri Reed, Shane Adams, Daniel DeLong
2) Reading of Previous Meeting Minutes:
Jesse Smith motioned, “We accept the minutes from the April meeting as posted on the website.” The motion was seconded and passed.
3) Reading of Current Financial Report:
n/a Treasurer was not present.
4) President Report:
– Gate Lock
Randy Anderson reported that the gate lock at the rifle range is not reading key cards. We have programmed a temporary combination and emailed it out to all club members who have provided an email address, as well as posted a sign on the gate with Randy’s phone number so he can give the code to anyone who did not get it. The code is temporary and will only work for a couple weeks while we repair the lock. He has contacted the lock company and is working with them to resolve diagnose and repair the problem.
Todd Burch motioned, “We authorize Randy to purchase replacement parts or a new lock which ever is cheaper.” The motion was seconded and passed.
– Gun Show use of tables
Randy reported the gun show that was held at the fairgrounds last weekend approached the club about using the club’s tables. Randy reported he rented the tables to them for $100.
– Spotted Eagle Work Day
Randy reported the stuff from the Spotted Eagle clubhouse was hauled to the dump or moved to storage. He reported the clay pigeons that the Boy Scouts were expected to move from the clubhouse to the skeet high-house, was not moved during their Camporee. Instead Cheri Reed and Kevin Anderson moved half of them last Thursday and the volunteers for the work day moved the rest of them on Saturday.
– Friends of the NRA donation request
Randy reported that Shane Adams had requested the club find a way to donate to or support the Friends of the NRA fundraiser event held in Miles City. He pointed out that while the club’s policy is not to donate cash to other organization, the Board is free to donate/support in other ways, and the FNRA has provided our club with grant funds in the past. Jesse Smith suggested we have Shane contact the FNRA and provide us with a list of options such as purchasing a table of at the dinner that includes dinner for everyone at the table and a gun raffle for that table only, and the table could be auctioned off at our club’s annual banquet.
5) Reports of Boards and Standing/Special Committees:
– Rifle/Pistol range
Jesse Smith reported that Doeden Construction did bill the club for the berm work on the pistol range, but it was only about $740 for 7+ hours of work, plus the drive both ways, and represented a substantial discount over their normal rates.
– Action Pistol
Jesse Smith reported the Action Pistol has had two shoots that have brought in $106. He has spent $91.78 on supplies and will probably spend another $150 to be stocked up for the season. To date the Action Pistol has made a profit of $1,152.05
– Cowboy Action
Randy Hart reported there was not a shoot this month, and he turned in $4 the Cowboy Action owed from last month, to Jesse Smith by leaving it in the Action Pistol cash box.
Chris Schlepp reported there hasn’t been a lot of activity on Sundays and he couldn’t give a report on the number of tokens sold and cash collected because the treasurer had emptied the cash/token jar already. Chris reported that he contacted John Harris and John is willing to help him open on Sundays if there is a week he can’t do it.
David McGinn reported he was willing to open on Wednesday nights starting in June.
Randy Anderson suggested we set up a group text with Chris and David, and include John Harris, John Reed, and Cheri Reed, so they can back up Chris and David if they can’t open some week. Randy said he will talk to Cheri and get David a key, as all the other openers already have a key.
– Rifle Instructor Certification
Jesse Smith reported that he has emailed Fred and the people the club are sending to the rifle instructor class, and given everyone’s email to everyone else. At this point we’re just waiting for Fred to schedule a date for the class or let the students know if they need to do anything before that.
6) Old Business:
– Spotted Eagle Clubhouse Remodel Progject
It was decided to start work on the Spotted Eagle Clubhouse by dividing up each stage of work in small groups rather than trying to get a bunch of people trying to do a bunch of work at on the same day. Randy Anderson and Jesse Smith committed to having the floor scrubbed by the end of the weekend. JD Arneson and Chris Schlepp committed to having the floor cracks/holes filled by the end of next weekend. At that time the directors will schedule a day to do the floor top coating.
7) New Business:
– Jesse Smith reported that John Reed requested permission to shorten the stock on one of the youth shotguns so we have something smaller children can use. After much discussion the Board chose to decline the request at this time.
– FWP Field Day
FWP requested to hold a Hunter Safety Field Day at the Spotted Eagle range on June 10th. JD Arneson motioned “We approve FWP to hold a Hunter Safety Field Day at Spotted Eagle on the 10th of June.” The motion was seconded and passed.
– EDC. LLC requests to hold a concealed carry class on June 10th.
Chris Schlepp motioned “We allow EDC LLC. to hold an Introduction to Concealed Carry class at the rifle range on June 10th. for the usual $100 fee.” The motion was seconded and passed.
8) Nomination and Election of Officers and Board of Directors:
– Volunteer Incentive Raffle nominations
For their participation in the rifle range work day and the Spotted Eagle work day, Jesse Smith nominated the following people to be entered in the Volunteer Incentive gun giveaway at the Annual Banquet: Chris Schlepp, Jesse Smith, Marty Scheid, Sebastian Valdivia, Jim Syring, Kristen Olson, Matt Davidson, Amber Davidson, JD Arneson, Brian Ludwig, Cheri Reed, John Reed, Todd Burch, Randy Hart, Kyle Carter, Randy Anderson, Jim Keith, Terry Haggard, David McGinn, Kevin Anderson.
9) Good and Welfare:
Jim Keith motioned “We adjourn.” The motion was seconded and passed at 8:24pm.