Custer Rod and Gun Club
Board Meeting Agenda
February 20, 2018 7:00 PM
1) Call to order and Roll call of officers: 7:04 PM
Attendance: Jesse Smith, Jeff Faycosh, Randy Anderson, Shane Adams, JD Arneson, Jesse Blankenship, Danile DeLong, Marty Scheid and Chris Schlepp
2) Reading of Previous Meeting Minutes
Jesse Smith motioned “We accept the minutes from the November meeting as posted on web site.” The motion was seconded and passed.
3) Reading of Current Financial Report
– Club Treasurer Cheri Reed was absent so no treasures report was accepted.
4) President Report
– Spotted Eagle Boy Scouts used Spotted Eagle club house on Jan 26.
-110 people attended the banquet. Tentative plans for Banquet next year at Country club. —
5) Reports of Boards and Standing/Special Committees
-Membership is now at 381 for 2018
– Action Pistol
Discussion under new business no activity in winter months.
– Cowboy Action
6) Old Business
– Spotted Eagle remodel sheet rocking planed for March 3. Randy Anderson has ordered the door. Also snow removal schedule for March 3 from Trap house to minimize flooding upon thaw. Jesse Smith Marty Scheid and Chris Schlepp will do the work on Saturday March 3rd.
-1year emergency funding. Randy Anderson will check on figures
-Youth Shooting Instructors (Rifle and Shotgun) Fred Tetschner is unable to continue with the program. Marty made a motion to check on instructor status and continue, Jesse Smith 2nd. Motion passed
7) New Business
-Caleb Bollman FWP requested the use of the Spotted Eagle archery range for Hunter Education Field day Sunday February 25th (canceled request due to snow conditions) and April 29th. Board authorizes the use on Sunday April 29th for Hunters Education Field day.
2018 Board of Directors Meeting schedule and locations set for 2018 All at 7 PM
- March 20, 2018 VFW
- April 17, 2108 Spotted Eagle Clubhouse
- May 15, 2018 Sunday Creek Range house
- June 19, 2018 Spotted Eagle Clubhouse
- July 17, 2018 Sunday Creek Range house
- August 21, 2018 Spotted Eagle Clubhouse
- September 18, 2018 Sunday Creek Range house
- October 16, 2018 Spotted Eagle Clubhouse
- November 20, 2018 TBA
- December 18, 2018 TBA
- January 19, 2019 Annual Banquet Miles City Town and Country Club
- February 19, 2019 TBA
-Go Daddy migration to C-Panel for $160/year vs $208/3 years. Jesse Smith made a motion to pay $208 for 3 years, Chris Schlepp 2nd, motioned passed
-A motion for annual support of VFW for $50 to be honored with a flag was made by JD Arneson and 2nd by Chris Schleep, motion passed.
Action pistol walls for sale by Billings club Magic city. $100 for purchase of their old walls. Jesse Blankenship made the motion, JD Arneson 2nd motion passed, arrangements made with Marty Scheid and Jesse Blankenship to transport with club covering costs.
-Jesse Blankenship brought up purchasing steel targets and made several suggestions. If the order is over $1,500 shipping is free, as opposed to estimated $400 in shippingn. Chris Schleep made a motion to purchase $2,000 in various steel targets, Marty Scheid 2nd, motion passed Action Target committee will order targets.
Archery-Jesse Blankenship and Chris Schleep offer to set up and explore 3D shoots with club targets at Sunday Creek. Action under review of site and target storage.
Rimfire Turkey shoot set for Sunday Creek range, Saturday May 12th. Jeff Faycosh will submit plans and will coordinate, Chris Schleep will also assist. More details will be available on March 20th meeting.
8) Adjourn Marty Scheid motioned, seconded, pased 8:15.