Custer Rod and Gun Club
Board of Directors Meeting
May 21, 2019 7:00 PM
Spotted Eagle Trap and Skeet Range
1) Call to order at 7:09pm, Roll call of officers: Jesse Smith, Chris Schlepp, Jeff Faycosh, Marty Scheid, JD Arneson, Jesse Blankenship, Todd Burch, Randy Hart, Jim Keith, Vincent Muggli and Lee Wankel
2) Reading of Previous Meeting Minutes; Marty moved, 2nd by Chris, passed
3) Reading of Current Financial Report: Marty stated that cash balance is $34,811.50, 1st CD $2,333,2nd CD $2,022.40, container is paid for. Annual club liability policy paid $4,327.41
4) President Report
– Spotted Eagle-toilet works now and on demand water system may not make water much hotter than tepid. Fairgrounds for annual meeting is still up in the air as is caterer.
5) Reports of Boards and Standing/Special Committees
– Action Pistol brought in $375, with new targets and supplies balance for Action pistol is -1,981.87. Plenty of time during the summer to balance out budget. USPCA shoot is Saturday June 1st. June 6th for Action Pistol, IDPA shoot June 13th. See action pistol page for updated schedules. Youth action pistol suggestion for Scholastic Action Shooting program was table until next meeting.
-Shotgun Turned in $185 for trap and skeet. Lots of consistent interest and more shooters showing up. Schedule of all shoots 6 pm, Tuesday-Ladies only, Wednesday-Skeet only, Thursday-Youth, Friday-Open shooting Trap and/or skeet.
-Cowboy action is languishing, need more shooters.
-Archery-John Kuntz stated there is a lot of interest he is working on new targets butts for Spotted Eagle. John Kuntz proposed an archery program from June to end of July, $20 for participation at 6 pm at Ken Bouchee’s place in the valley. More information to follow with August shoot to be held at Spotted Eagle. Motion to approve by Jim, 2nd by Lee, passed. For more information on the Archery program contact John Kuntz 406-234-9619 or 406-951-0241
6) New Business
–Spotted Eagle High house skeet roof and work day, to be set next meeting in June.
-Pheasants Forever, Tongue River Chapter representative Miles Moucha asked to used Spotted Eagle and trap range for youth attendees from 8-noon on August 17, 31, September 7th and 14th. Chris made motion to allow, Jeff 2nd, passed.
-Jesse Blankenship asked that pistol range be closed the evening before matches as the targets and walls would be set for match to prevent any modification to the strict measurements required. Todd made motion, Jim 2nd, passed.
7) Good of the order
-New culvert will be purchased and installed on lower entrance to pistol bays. Randy will dig trench, 20′ plastic culvert was suggested 16 inch by 20 foot. Marty made motion, Lee 2nd, passed.
10) Adjourn at 7:46 pm