Custer Rod and Gun Club
Board of Directors Meeting Minutes
June 19, 2018 7:00 PM
1) Call to order and Roll call of officers Present: Jesse Smith, Jerry Austill, Jeff Faycosh, Cheri Reed, Shane Adams, JD Arneson, Randy Hart, Jim Keith, Marty Scheid and Chris Schlepp.
2) Reading of Previous Meeting Minutes moved to be accepted by Marty and 2nd by Jim, passed
3) Reading of Current Financial Report by Cheri Reed
– Bank Balance-$29,503.70
– New savings account and deposit of $2,000 for Emergency Funds-not yet completed
– Status of adding VP as secondary signer on financial accounts-Jerry moved to accept amendment as written, 2nd by Chris, passed. VP will be added as signature to the accounts.
Cheri Reedd stated that NRA annual insurance policy was paid $2,680.47
4) President Report
– Spotted Eagle remodel & mowing-Work day scheduled for June 24 at 9am to paint and mow.
– SSL Certificate-not done yet.
– Internet at Rifle Range- discussion on getting package to allow internet. Mid River package Chris made motion, Jerry 2nd passed
– LEO demo at rifle range-was approved and took place. Oversight of not being added to previous minutes.
5) Reports of Boards and Standing/Special Committees
– Action Pistol-Receipt for targets. Marty turned over $845 from Action Pistol shoot (5/3 $175, 5/17 $145, 5/24 $120, 5/31 $155, 6/7 $160, 6/14 $90) 21 Shooters average turnout. Steel Challenge on 7/5
new safe area/railroad ties-a Bunk of ties for construction of safe area and range use was approved. Jesse maid motion, Chris 2nd. Chris will pick up from ACE.
– Audit-to be completed by 7/17 meeting
– Archery-nothing to report Jeff has not yet contacted public entities.
– Cowboy Action-nothing to report
– Long Range Shoot-Forms from BLM received and filed 7 people attended $55 in donations received. Second shoot will be scheduled in early fall.
– Membership-over 400 members
– Trap-regular attendance at ladies shoots $132 to Cheri on June 15th. No youth shoots on Wednesday. Friday nights have had a couple in attendance. Camera for vandalism by shooting other than shotguns at Spotted Eagle, Jim Keith made motion, 2nd by Cheri, Jesse will coordinate.
– Trauma Kits-ordered haven’t yet arrived
6) Old Business
– Motion to Amend club By-laws: Jim Keith motioned at the last Board Meeting “To amend the club By-laws, Article IX, Section 2, to read, “A) The Vice-president shall perform the duties of the President in the absence of the President. The Vice-president shall assume the duties and responsibilities of the President should he be unavailable due to death, disability, or resignation. The Vice-president shall be listed as an alternate signer on all bank accounts held by The Club. The Vice-president shall not perform any of the duties of the Treasurer except when requested to do so by the Club Treasurer, or by the Club President. The board of directors will fill unexpired term of the Vice-president until the annual meeting where there will be nomination and election to fill out Vice-president unexpired term at that annual meeting.” The motion was seconded by Jesse Blankenship, and tabled to be voted on at the June meeting of the Board of Directors. Passed Motion by Jerry, 2nd by Chris.
7) New Business
– Centerfire Rifle Shoot-Sunday August 5th Chris and Jeff will corrdinate 9am to 2 pm. Chris made motion, 2nd JD and passed.
– EDC “Introduction to Concealed Carry” class in July-Jesse made motion, Jim Keith 2nd passed
– Miles Muscha, Pheasants Forever Youth trap shoot dates-Cheri made motion, Jeff 2nd passed will use Spotted Eagle trap range 9am-noon on 8-11, 8-18, 9-8, 9-15 will pay for targets Muscha will run range.
– Hunter Ed Field Day at Spotted Eagle July 15th.JD made motion, Randy 2nd passed
8) Nomination and Election of Officers and Board of Directors
9) Good and Welfare- Change of locks and door knobs for new keys, Cheri made motion, 2nd Marty, passed
10) Adjourn 8:30PM