Concealed Handgun Training
EDC Training LLC. Will be holding a class on Saturday April 30th, in Miles City. This will be an Introduction to Concealed Carry Class. This class is for the individual that may or may not hold a Montana Concealed Carry Permit and is wanting to learn more about the Defensive use of a handgun.
This course addresses the effective concealed carry and use of the handguns popular today. The course will address the advantages and disadvantages of the various types, models, configurations and calibers of such Handguns, as well as the most effective support equipment and methods of concealed carry. The program consists of both classroom discussion, and live fire drills on the range. This course introduces the student to techniques applicable to defensive use of the handgun. Emphasis is put on shooting skill development for application in real-life circumstances. The fundamentals of Mindset, Gun-handling, and Marksmanship are covered in lecture while the practical aspects are taught on the range. Other course topics include Situational Awareness, equipment selection, safety, handling, loading, unloading, malfunction clearance, drawing and firing techniques. Cost of this class will be $100.00
Required equipment list:
* Centerfire Handgun in a minimum defensive caliber (generally, 9mm or .38spl or larger)
* Ammunition 100 rounds.
* Spare magazines or speedloaders
* Spare ammunition pouches, carrier, or magazine holster
* Method of carrying the handgun (i.e.- suitable belt and belt holster, Shoulder holsters generally not acceptable- you “sweep” others when drawing the firearm)
* Ear protection
* Eye protection
* Clothing suitable for the weather
* Cap with a brim
* Rugged shoes or boots
* Lunch and hydration fluid (water sports drink etc for the day)
To register for the class or for more information contact Shane Taylor Class Coordinator for the Miles City Area at 406-234-7175