March 20, 2018 Board of Directors Meeting Minutes

Custer Rod and Gun Club
Board of Directors Meeting
March 20, 2018 7:00 PM

1) Call to order and Roll call of officers at 1905
Attendance: Jesse Smith, Jeff Faycosh, Cheri Reed, JD Arneson, Jesse Blankenship, Daniel DeLong, Randy Hart, Jim Keith and Marty Scheid.

2) Reading of Previous Meeting Minutes. Minutes were moved to be accepted by Jim Keith second by Dan Delong, passed

3) Reading of Current Financial Report, Cheri Reed reported $38,196 in Cash/bank. Cheri and Randy Anderson located two CDs at US Bank and 2 at Stockmans Bank, CD’s valued at $2,300 each. Cheri reported that the metal targets were paid. Motion to accept Financial Report by JD Arneson, second by Jim Keith, passed

4) President Report
– Youth Rifle Instructors-Still looking for NRA instructor to train 3 select members for NRA RSO/Instructors
– Spotted Eagle Project-Chris and Marty cleaned up trap house along with Jesse Smith. Marty completed sheetrock install. Cornerstone finishing construction this date. Bathroom floor needs leveler and smoothed to facilitate cleaning. The water heater was too big, smaller one being obtained, needs installed, Glader Electric is updating electrical service. JD Arneson will clean and go through the donated air conditioner before installed. Volunteer work date will be scheduled, Jesse Smith will advise of a date. Update on GoDaddy is actually $398 for 5 years so it was more inexpensive that believed.

5) Reports of Boards and Standing/Special Committees
– Long Range shoot-JD Arneson and Randy Anderson are hoping to set a shoot around the end of June first part of July, pending BLM or private range availability.
– Action Pistol-Jesse Blankenship said the metal targets are received, we got free shipping along with a free $70 target. Testing on new targets will take place with cooperation of Action Pistol group. The company requests a video of targets being used in pistol shoots to be put on their Website. Action pistol meeting thursday at Marty’s house was posted on Action Pistol group. Proposed increase in price for Action Pistol shoot to $5 member $10 nonmember. Moved by Jesse Blankenship, 2nd Daniel Delong Passed. Motion was made to use club 870 shotguns for 2 gun shoot. Moved by Jesse Blankenship, 2nd by Jim Keith passed. Discussion continued on Safe Area construction will be put on agenda for next meeting.
– Cowboy Action-Randy Hart requested $50 for SASS membership, Cheri wrote check. Randy made a proposal for 3 gun Cowboy action shoot at a date to be determined. Also Randy proposed an introduction to Cowboy Action shooting
– Shotgun-Nothing
-Archery- Ken Boschee advised he has the club targets stored in the club trailer. 40-50 targets. Ken said a 3D shoot can be held at his place, suggestions for Woodruff Park and backside of Sunday Creek range. Still in discussion stage.

6) Old Business
– .22 Silhouette shoot Sat. May 12- Approval for the Rimfire Turkey shoot from 0900-1400 Jeff Faycosh made motion, second by Jim Keith, passed..bullseye targets to be ordered for shoot. Jeff Faycosh will coordinate.
– Emergency Fund deposit-Approximately $6,000 per year in operations costs (insurance, utilities, garbage, banquet costs). 1/3 will be deposited annually to buidl up emergency fund. Motion made to deposit $2,000 annually into new savings account. When the CD’s mature this fall move them into savings account since they were hard to locate since they were purchased long ago. Jesse Smith made motion, 2nd Jim Keith, passed
– FNRA Donation Request-request by Shane Adams to underwrite prizes for Friends of NRA. After discussion Jeff Faycosh motioned for $200 to underwrite prize, 2nd by Jim Keith, passed.

7) New Business
– Lady’s Trap shoot-Every Tuesday evening 1830 starting April 10th, with the exception of 3rd Tuesdays each month. Jeff Faycosh will coordinate. No coaching unless shooter bring their own. Members $3, non members $4. Jeff Faycosh made motion, 2nd by Jesse Blankenship, passed
– Financial Audit-Motion to conduct financial audit and physical inventory of all club property as best practice annually. Committee members Cheri Reed, Randy Anderson and Jim Keith to be completed by July 1st. Motion by Jeff Faycosh, 2nd by Jesse Smith, Passed.
– SASS Membership-$50 check requested by Randy Hart and provided by Cheri Reed.

8) Nomination and Election of Officers and Board of Directors
– Volunteer Incentive Raffle Nominations: Marty Scheid, Chris Schlep, Jesse Smith, Randy Anderson

9) Good and Welfare
– Todd Burch regarding Montana Wildlife Federation. Todd presented a letter of support for Horse Creek Ranch for public access in Wibaux County requesting support from CCRGC. Motion was made to send out inquiring for support to all members via email by Jesse Blankenship, 2nd by Jim Keith. Email deadline for response March 28th. Passed awaiting input from membership before letter is supported.

10) Adjourn 2033 hours