Minutes Board of Directors Meeting July 16, 2019
Custer Rod and Gun Club
Board of Directors Meeting
July 16, 2019 7:00 PM
Spotted Eagle Trap and Skeet Range
**No June meeting was held due to a lack of Quorum***
1) Call to order at 6:55pm, Roll call of officers: Chris Schlepp, Jeff Faycosh, Marty Scheid, Shane Adams, JD Arneson, Jesse Blankenship, Todd Burch, Jim Keith, Vincent Muggli and Lee Wankel
2) Reading of Previous Meeting Minutes; May meeting-no June meeting Jess moved, 2nd by Marty, passed
3) Reading of Current Financial Report: Marty stated that cash balance is $35,819.41, 1st CD $2,340.96,2nd CD $2,005.13
4) President Report-via email from Jesse Smith-his computer had issues and he will not be able to process new memberships until replaced. Someone left him a voice mail that they won a free club membership at the Fireman’s Toy Dance. The voice mail accidentally got deleted. We need the winner’s information. If anyone knows contact Jesse Smith.
5) Reports of Boards and Standing/Special Committees
– Action Pistol and USPSA have brought in to date $10,211. The club has expended $11,051.64 with only $840.64 to hit the break even point, these activities generate a couple hundred dollars a month, they will be showing a profit in short order. See the Action Pistol site to obtain current information on USPSA schedule. Action pistol shoots every Thursday. Jesse Blankenship is needing set up help on August 30, 2019 at about 3 pm for the match on August 31st.
-Shotgun Turned in $185 in April, $319 in June and $300 the 6th of July for $804 so far for this year. There is a great turn out for Wednesday Skeet and Friday open shoot. Lady shoots are consistent and regular. Youth shoots on Thursday are being discontinued. Youth shooters can shoot on Wednesday and Friday or with the ladies for the youth lady shooters. Discussion for distribution of donated shotgun ammo. Marty made a motion to provide one free box for ladies and youth each time they shoot until the supply is exhausted. Jess Blankenship 2nd, motion passed.
-Cowboy action-no report
-Archery-John Kuntz did not attend. However he stated prior to meeting that several people are attending the archery shoots at Ken Bouchee’s. For more information on the Archery program contact John Kuntz 406-234-9619 or 406-951-0241
6) New Business
–Spotted Eagle High house and low house skeet roof, repair, painting and work day set for August 10th at 9 AM.
-Advertisement for Custer Rod and Gun Club activities, discussion of newspaper ads, radio ads and flyers around town. Budget approved of $250. Jesse Blankenship made the motion, Todd 2nd motion passed. Marty and Chris will coordinate.
-Motion by Jim Keith to hire Jay Collins to provide Brisket for the annual banquet at Eastern Montana Fair grounds, for $650 plus membership. Lee 2nd, motion passed.Jesse Blankenship asked that pistol range be closed the evening before matches as the targets and walls would be set for match to prevent any modification to the strict measurements required. Todd made motion, Jim 2nd, passed.
7) Good of the order.
8) Adjourn at 7:34 pm