Board Meeting Minutes – September 21, 2021
Custer Rod and Gun Club
Board Meeting Minutes
September 21, 2021 7pm
Miles City VFW
1) Call to order and Roll call of officers: board members presentJesse Smith, Marty Scheid,Jeff Faycosh, Matt Lewin, John Kuntz, Pat Roos, Jesse Blankenship, Jim Keith, Vincent Muggli and Lee Wankel
2) Reading of Previous Meeting Minutes-July meeting, August no meeting lack of quorum-Lee made a motion to accept as published, Matt 2nd, Passed.
3) Reading of Current Financial Report- Marty stated the current balance in the checking account is $39,207.56, CD #1 $2,343.51, all bills are paid.
4) President Report-Members numbers are consistent. Mary Jo is lined up for the Banquet on 2/5/2022
5) Reports of Boards and Standing/Special Committees
– Action Pistol-Marty reports no activity last shoot was in July
– Archery- Ended on September 1, targets are now locked up. John is working on access to Home Show Building working with 4H group on the net.
– Cowboy Action-No report
– Shotgun/Spotted Eagle- October 2nd is set up day with directors shoot for 5 stand, grand opening of Jon Hofer memorial 5 stand course on October 3 at noon. Lean to is completed off the northside on the container by Star Structures. With the last deposit Trap and Skeet has collected $2,400 this year in Range fees.
Jeff made a motion to set the rate for 5 stand for all shooters at $5 for 25 targets, Marty 2nd, motion passed.
City of Miles City demands a higher liability limit on our insurance to renew our special use permit. Their requirement pursuant to MCA 2-9-108 is $2 Million per occurrence and $1 Million per claim. Jeff made a motion to increase liability limits, John 2nd, Motion passed, Marty will coordinate with the insurance carrier.
– USPSA-Jesse B stated that there was not enough help in Custer Rod and Gun Club to hose Sectional Championship, it will fall to Baker. Baker is allowing shoots at their range.
-Youth rifle class was held on September 18, 2021 with 4 youth attending. Travis Helm kept this going and made sure it took place. The club took in $80.
6) Old Business-NONE
7) New Business- Banquet prizes after discussion concerning previous prizes, Marty made a motion to increase the limit for firearm prizes to $7,000 for 10 firearms equally split between local businesses if possible. Jim 2nd, motion passed. Marty will pick the firearms.
8) Nomination and Election of Officers and Board of Directors
9) Good and Welfare
10) Adjourn at 8 pm