Custer Rod and Gun Club
Board Meeting Minutes
December 14, 2021
Miles City VFW
1) Call to order and Roll call of officers: board members present Jesse Smith, Chris Schlepp, Jeff Faycosh, Jim Keith, Ben Beardsley, Jesse Blankenship, Matt Lewin, Pat Roos and Lee Wankel
2) Reading of Previous Meeting Minutes- Secretary Faycosh failed to have the November minutes completed before the meeting.
3) Reading of Current Financial Report- Marty was absent but email his report stating balance in the account was $20,186.43, $6,000 in the CD. All property taxes were paid, cash taken out for change for the banquet and raffle tickets were purchased. All bills are paid.
4) President Report- renewal period for the next 3 months.
5) Reports of Boards and Standing/Special Committees
– Action Pistol-Marty reports no activity last shoot was in July $1,968 profit this year
– Archery- John is researching arrow net and outdoor targets.
– Cowboy Action-No report
– Shotgun/Spotted Eagle- one last 5 stand course will be shot this year to close up the season on December 19, 2021
– USPSA-Jesse stated steel challenge will be run by AJ Rainey and Kenny Boschee using USPCA rules, 22 rimfire and up are allowed. This will take place one Thursday a month at the pistol range.
6) Old Business-Chris researched the camera system for the range. Chris made a motion of a $600 budget for the camera system, Jim 2nd Motioned passed.
7) New Business- Jeff got a quote on the building for Sunday Creek. Discussion decided to improve range coverage and benches on rifle range instead. Chris said he would get quotes for the grant application. Jeff is pursuing bids on lighting for the trap and skeet range which will also allow 5 stand to be used after dark. Priority on the grant will be the lighting then rifle range improvement.
8) Nomination and Election of Officers and Board of Directors-no action
9) Good and Welfare- All agreed the VFW bar is not a good location, but the meeting room was taken.
10) Adjourn at 8 pm